COVID-19: Solutions to Shortage Of Masks
Rules to Heat and Disinfect a Used Mask with A Electronic Cooker
1. Do not put water, essential oils or alcohol as you disinfect the used masks with an electric cooker.
2. An electric cooker can disinfect a used mask up to five times.
3. Do not use a microwave oven to heat your masks. It’s risky and dangerous. Also, Do not use an oven or a hairdryer to heat or disinfect the masks.
Bacteria may be prone to multiply if you put a used mask in a completely sealed plastic bag.
The Latest Finding: Coronavirus Virus Exceeds Its Transmission Distance to 4.5 Meters in an Enclosed Air-Conditioned Space
The latest finding from Mainland China found that Coronavirus Virus transmission exceeds its transmission distance to 4.5 meters in a confined space. Beyond that, Coronavirus Virus can float in a closed air-conditioned space for 30 minutes. Thus, ventilation is particularly important in public transportation. The research claims that under the premise of air-conditioning and enclosed space, the virus may exceed its transmission distance. The title of the research is named “An Epidemiological Survey of a New Coronavirus Pneumonia (Wuhan Pneumonia) Aggregate Outbreak in Aerosol-Transmitted in Public Transport”, sponsored by the Chinese Preventive Medicine Association. ” The researchers explore a case study of a cluster of 13 infected people with attempt to tend to explore the possibility of aerosol transmission in a closed space, particularly in public transportation. It was found that the distance between Case A and case G was about 4.5 meters. Thus, they assume the possibility of aerosol transmission.
The paper pinpoints the fact that “In a completely enclosed space, the airflow is mainly driven by the hot air generated by the air conditioning. The rise of the hot air can transport the virus-laden droplets to a greater distance.” The scientists underline the importance of wearing face masks because those who wear masks in buses were exempt from infection.
The research was conducted by Chinese government epidemiologists. The fining challenges the advice of health authorities by suggested a “safe distance” should be about 3 and 6 feet apart in public spaces so as to avoid catching COVID-19. The researches assert that in a closed environment with air-conditioning, the transmission distance of the new coronavirus will exceed the 1 Meter.
The researchers found the virus could last for days on a surface, depending on the environment. For example, they found the virus can last two to three days on glass, fabric, metal, plastic or paper at 98 degrees and survive more than five days in human feces or bodily fluids.
1) Improve sanitation on public transportation to make sure as much fresh air as possible is coming in.
2) Wear a mask in enclosed public transportation to minimize the likelihood of infection.
3) Avoid touching your face in the outdoor areas.
- They weren’t able to answer why passengers sitting immediately next to the carrier — who suffered the highest exposure — were not infected.
- To fight coronavirus spread, the U.S. may expand ‘social distancing’ measures. But it comes at a cost
- COVID-19 can transmit 4.5m in closed air-conditioned environment: study