Neuroplastic Change is Reversible: Negative Thoughts Harms Neuroplasticity in Your Brain
Negative Thoughts and Negative Thinking Harms the Neuroplasticity in Your Brain
- The brain is plastic.
Neuroplasticity: The ability of the brain to alter its structure and function based on your daily experiences, particularly your repeated behaviors, emotions, and thoughts, whether negative or positive.
The ongoing remodeling and changes of brain structure and function occurs every single day. How to interrupt ‘negative neuroplasticity’ that occurs in many psychiatric disorders, and how to ‘induce positive neuroplasticity’ during the treatment of mental disorders? How to increase the activity of particular areas of the brain, such as the location of planning, literally the prefrontal cortex? How to decrease the activity of the brain’s fear center, literally the amygdala? How to make the hippocampus regrow?
- The neuronal connections determine the activation and communication between brain circuits.
- Neuroplastic change is reversible.
Neuroplasticity assures human beings is given the potential and gift from God to recover from the stroke, brain injury, and birth abnormalities, symptoms of autism, ADD and ADHD and other brain deficits. Likewise, depression, anxiety and obsessive-compulsive patterns can be healed and reversed
- Repetitive behaviors and thoughts do change the circuitry of the brain.
The brain forms neuronal connections and neural traits based on your repeated mental states and repetitive behaviors and way of thinking. In other words, day-to-day behaviors have measurable effects on the brain’s structure and function.
- When an urge is satisfied, the brain would release dopamine, a feel-good neurotransmitter. Dopamine gives pleasure and it is an essential component of neuroplastic change. Dopamine does assist in building neuronal connections that reinforce the habit to last.
- Negative neuroplastic changes are commonly misunderstood as the signs of aging.
As the brain function degrades, many people view the symptoms of early aging.
- What behaviors contribute to undesirable brain changes in the wrong direction?
- Mental Illness has something to do with neuroplasticity.
Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive and phobic behaviors, epilepsy occur because of neuroplastic change.
Studies found that depression and anxiety disorders cause damage or negative plasticity to the brain.
- Exercise and physical activity are able to stimulate the growth and recovery of brain cells.
For instance, a 27-year-old woman who had experienced 15 years of severe depression and panic disorder gradually recovered from asthma, colitis and GI symptoms after practicing yoga on average 2 to 3 hours a day. And she eventually experienced calm and wellbeing for the first time in her life.
- The memory center, literally refers to the hippocampus, keep growing new brain cells even in adult life.
▲Our short-term thought process stored in the pre-frontal lobe of the brain. And the long-term thinking is stored deeper in hippocampus. The hippocampus takes memories from different sensory regions of the brain and connects them into a single “episode” of memory via the nerve system.
“There is a part of the brain that translates unpleasant experiences into long-lasting memories […]When we are experiencing a trauma or pain […] the neurons in the brain fire electrical impulses in unison and make strong connections to one another […] strong connections that make strong stored memories […]the more painful the memory, the harder it will be to overcome.” Quote from HOW NERVES AFFECT OUR THOUGHTS
Neuroplasticity | Nervous system physiology | NCLEX-RN | Khan Academy
Tag: stress, Studies on brain plasticity ,behavioral training, chemicals, medication, psychotherapy, brain cells, genes, biological agents, treatment of depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, substance abuse
７） 負面的神經變化(Negative neuroplastic change)通常被誤解為衰老的跡象。隨著大腦功能退化，許多人都會將之解讀為早衰的症狀。
大腦缺陷 英文 brain deficits
注意力不足過動症（Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder，縮寫ADHD）
涵蓋注意力缺失症（Attention Deficit Disorder，縮寫ADD）。
resilient 中文 彈性
circuitry 中文 電路
psychiatry 中文 精神病學
psychiatric disorders 精神障礙
(Magnetic Resonance Imaging)，簡稱MRI 核磁共振成像
hippocampus 中文：海馬(memory center)
prefrontal cortex 中文：前額皮質(a location of planning)
大腦的恐懼中心: 杏仁核 英文: amygdala