11 Facts About the Benefits of Gua Sha
Traditional Natural treatment: Benefits of Gua Sha without side effects.
1. Significantly, there’s a misunderstanding that the redness on the skin has something to do with the skin abrasion. It’s not. It’s the signals which can help you to detect the condition your physical health. If your body is in bad health condition, with minutes of gua sha can result in incredible redness quickly and vice versa. Thus, not everyone gets serious redness after having the treatment of qua sha. It totally depends on your health condition. It able to boost your immune system and it is definitely a great treatment for inflammation, chronic pain, back pain, migraines, insomnia, etc.
Massage has the healing power to our body. Gua sha is one of the ancient Chinese healing treatments, which has been practiced for at least 2,000 years. It’s can be seen as an aggressive and noninvasive massage.
2. As noted, there are 361 classical acupuncture points in the body. With the right method and right position, gua sha is able to remove inflammation and sickness from the body. Inflammation proved to be the underlying cause of chronic fatigue or pain. You don’t have to know the precise locations of every acupuncture points or meridians. With a little instruction, anyone can do it.
3. Gua sha is a natural treatment. It can facilitate your body circulation, blood flow, and healing process.
4. How does gua sha proceed? Apply massage oil to your body first and scrape your body with a jade massage tool repeatedly in a generally downward direction. The direction and method will highly affect the effectiveness.
5. Gua sha might not be suitable for patients who are overly weak. For people with the worse health condition, they might feel sore for a day or two after receiving the treatment. Don’t panic. It will heal itself within days or something. For people with a better immune system, the redness on their body disappear earlier. Do not apply lotion or something on the seemingly wounded areas.
6. Gua sha can be performed on a person’s back, neck, arms, and legs. The neck is relatively more vulnerable, so aware of your strength.
8. Gua sha can also be applied on the face to upgrade its circulation as well. Some do it once a week. If you are not familiar with the skill, you can seek the help or advice from the professionals first.
9. Studies found that gua sha has effective natural healing for migraine headaches, chronic neck pain, and breast engorgement. Breast engorgement usually occurs in the first weeks of breastfeeding if the mother is away from the infant for some time. There are findings in which shows that women who were given gua sha from the second day after giving birth up had fewer reports of engorgement and discomfort after childbirth.
10. One study found that after a gua sha treatment, patients were found to have a significant increase in blood perfusion compared to non-scraped areas, meaning increased circulation and perhaps the removal of small obstructions in the capillaries (Xu, Q., et al, 2012).
11. Women should avoid practice gua sha doing their period as well. Pregnant women should be prohibited from practicing gua sha.
Tag: massage tool, microcirculation, chi, inflammation, arthritis, fibromyalgia, muscle pain, joint pain, Hepatitis B, traditional healing treatment in Asia, Insomnia, irregular periods, anxiety, fatigue, therapy, syndrome.
▲Learn Facial Gua Sha from a Chinese Medical Skincare Professional