Inspirational Quotes on Life, Relationships and Success from Books, Film and Celebrities
1. I always laugh when things go wrong.－ CHRISTINA AGUILERA, W Magazine, Jul. 2011
2.“No matter what happened to you in your past, you are not your past, you are the resources and the capabilities you glean from it.” – Jordan Belfort
response: If we confine ourselves in the old stuff or old wounds, there’s no future indeed.
3.“I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.” ― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
My response: The more time for myself, the more self-improvement come into being and more self-confidence achieved.
4. “The easiest way to make money is – create something of such value that everybody wants and go out and give and create value, the money comes automatically.” – Jordan Belfort
Response: If you can create something of great value to society, you can definteily earn a living from it.
5. “Create a vision that makes you wanna jump out of bed in the morning.” – Jordan Belfort
Response: If there’s a goal in your heart, you won’t feel sleepy but energetic.
6.“After all, you only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out.” – Warren Buffett
More: Warren Buffett: Just Looking At The Price Is Not Investing | CNBC Check it on YouTube
7. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
Response: It hard to earn respect and recognition from the public. But it can be totally easy to invite harsh criticisms. That’s assured.
8.“You don’t choose who you fall in love with, do you? And once you do fall in love—that obsessive sort of love, that all-consuming love, where two people can’t stand to be apart from each other for even a moment—how are you supposed to let a love like that pass you by?” – Jordan Belfort
Response: There will be someone whom you can never take away your attention from him or her. It might have something to do with loneliness or true love. Time will reveal the truth.
9.. “ People tend to give up. If you have persistence, you will come out ahead of most people. More importantly, you will learn. When you do something, you might fail. But that’s not because you’re a failure. It’s because you have not learnt enough. Do it differently each time. One day, you will do it right. Failure is your friend.” – Jordan Belfort
10. “I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. I read and think. So I do more reading and thinking, and make less impulse decisions than most people in business. I do it because I like this kind of life.” – Warren Buffett
11. “There are always patterns in everything […] there are patterns in human behavior, there are patterns in success […] You just need to pay attention to them.” – Jordan Belfort
12. “Without action, the best intentions in the world are nothing more than that: intentions.” – Jordan Belfort
13.“Act as if! Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and then you’ll surely become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence and then people will surely have confidence in you. ” – Jordan Belfort
15. “Successful people are 100% convinced that they are masters of their own destiny, they’re not creatures of circumstance, they create circumstance, if the circumstances around them suck they change them.” – Jordan Belfort
16. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort
17. “When you live your life by poor standards, you inflict damage on everyone who crosses your path, especially those you love.” – Jordan Belfort
18. “When forced to choose, I will not trade even a night’s sleep for the chance of extra profits.” – Warren Buffett
Response: We shouldn’t make our efforts cheap.
19.“You can’t make a good deal with a bad person.” – Warren Buffett
Response: We should be discreet in choosing the partners especially in doing the business. Unfortunately, compulsive liars might act like a gentleman and you would never know.
20.“I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don’t like because you think it will look good on your resume. Isn’t that a little like saving up sex for your old age?” – Warren Buffett
Response: Those who stick to the jobs they dislike have a higher chance to suffer depression symptoms.
21.“You may see me struggle but you will never see me quit.” －Jordan Belfort 你或許會看到我掙扎，但你不會看到我放棄！
22.“Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them. ”－Jordan Belfort每天早上你有兩種選擇，繼續睡你的覺做你的夢，或者一覺醒來追尋夢想。
Response: There’s a sad fact that those who are unwilling to wake up in the morning are those who lack passion for life.
23.If you want to be rich, you have to program your mind to be rich.”－Jordan Belfort
Response: Money is not sinful. Money can be the tool to help those in need. Once you have more money, you have more authority to redistribute the wealth on earth.
24.“If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.” ― Mo Willems, Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs
25.“The worst feeling isn’t being lonely, it’s being forgotten by someone you’d never forget.”
26.“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” －Albert Einstein
Response: You don’t have to be accomplished in anything. You don’t have to be exhausted to be versatile.
27.“Introverts, in contrast, may have strong social skills and enjoy parties and business meetings, but after a while wish they were home in their pajamas. They prefer to devote their social energies to close friends, colleagues, and family. They listen more than they talk, think before they speak, and often feel as if they express themselves better in writing than in conversation. They tend to dislike conflict. Many have a horror of small talk, but enjoy deep discussions.” ― Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
Response: Mostly, we expect the extraverts to make friends relatively more easily than the introverts. Nevertheless, being an introvert can be a gift too. Because the introverts are more talented in building deep and in-length conversations than the extrovert.
28.“Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.”-Theodore Isaac Rubin
29.“Fear doesn’t shut you down; it wakes you up.– Veronica Roth, Divergent (Novel)
30.“Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.”- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
31.“Through a long and painful process, I’ve learned that happiness is an inside job – not based on anything or anyone in the outer material world. I’ve become a different and better person – not perfect, but still a work in progress.”－Alana Stewart
32.“The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” – Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
Response: The most formidable enemy would be ourselves. As we give up, the game is over.
33. “As a child I felt myself to be alone, and I am still, because I know things and must hint at things which others apparently know nothing of, and for the most part do not want to know.” ― Carl Gustav Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Response: Truth and facts can be cruel at certain condition and people would rather enjoy the false reality with innocence rather than bite the reality with sorrows and tears.