生活英語Daily English Conversation and Vocabulary
1. Get on MRT at ____station. 小型車則使用get in. e.g. Get in a taxi.
2. Get off the bus at the next stop. At which stop did he get off?
3. She can’t get the ring off her finger.
4. It’s chilly outside. Put on your overcoat. Get your hats on.
5. Take off your shoes before ___
6. The plan takes off at nine o’clock.
7. Can you take $5 off?
8. I will take two days off next month.
9. She called ___ up for help. ring up = make a call= give a call.
10. Turn off the gas as you leave. Turn off the light when leaving.
11. Plz pick up the garbage.
12. The chopsticks fell into the ground.
13. I will pick you up at 6 o’clock.
14. I will be back right away.
15. Show me your driving license.
16. No one can do two things at once.
17. I was asked to give an after-dinner speech.
18. Rescue workers dug around the clock, trying to find more survivors. <agaiinst the clock> 為了完成進度或工作，爭分奪秒地
19. He turned in his paper at the eleventh hour. 最後一刻。
Hand in your homework right now.
20. The committee (委員會) ultimately accepted my proposal.
21. It’s about time for you to concentrate on studies.
22. Time and tide wait for no man. 歲月不待人
23. The families of the hostage are waiting for their safe return. I waited for your arrival.
24. As usual, he stayed up late. As usual, they buried the deceased at sunset.
25. There’s no finding out the truth.
26. Where the news conference will be held?
27. You are looking for trouble.你在自找麻煩。
28.It’s all right. There’s no harm done.
29. I will call on ____ to make a speech. call on + 對象+to VR “懇求”
30. The work is all but done. 幾乎完成了
31. He turned out nothing but a hypocrite.
32. He was at the point of death for a week.
33. We were about to leave.
34. ___is on the verge of bankruptcy. 瀕臨破產
1.around the clock
2. at the eleventh hour
3. at the point of
4. at the mercy of ★
5.call on + 人 call at +地方 意思等於 pay a visit to
6. anything but