Psychology｜4 Chief Reasons of Why People Default Early｜Wise Library 1985
Research suggests that only around eight percent of people achieve their goals. Most people will give up when they believe their goal appears to be too challenging to be true.
4 Reasons Why People Give up So Easily
#Reason 1. People are being impatient for what they want. People underestimate the time cost to achieve a big target.
People set a big goal which takes years to master or accomplish, but they fail to bear the uncertainty of the unknown and the process of little reward or no reward. People attempt to accomplish everything they want before 30 and they stop taking risks or making any adventures early in life. People underestimate the danger of a void of patience. As you are being less hopeful of the result, the stress level goes up and you are more likely to suffer from chronic stress.
We learn more from failure, but people hate failures because failure is highly linked to shame, embarrassment and low self-worth.
#Reason 2: People don’t have enough passion for the target. If your motive to achieve the goal is totally based on material rewards, you are more likely to quick easier. For me, I will not stop writing even if there’s no tangible reward. Words last forever. That’s why I am obsessed with writing.
#Reason 3: People stop being hopeful. They stop believing in their capability to achieve what they want out of life due to low self-confidence.
#Reason 4: Can’t bear loneliness/ The desire to fit in with others
People can’t bear the pressure of how people value them if they lose. They are dread of being labeled as a loser by people around them or their homies. It’s vanity that makes you overly conscious of what people think of you or how others will value you.
The Key to Career Success
1.The right motive and faith
God only strengthens those with the right motive. The love of money is not a right motive for God.
2. patience and hard-working: Self-discipline with high execution
Trying new projects demands repetitive adjustments and time.
To earn more luck, be tender and compassionate. Do your best to offer help to the poor and the weak.
4. The right judgments and methods
5. Rationalize failures and build up your mental strength
Don’t label yourself due to others’ feedback. You’re not a failure until you stop trying.
6. Analyze your weakness and errors
What your strategy is? What makes your project differ from others? What makes your project competitive?
Margaret W. Lavigne
Wise Library 1985
- The Importance and Benefits of “Delayed Gratification”
- Unforgiveness: Failing to Forgive Sabotages Your Mental and Physical Health
- Tips to Embrace Positive Emotions: Smiling with Eyes Comforts Your Brain
- Global Capitalist Society ｜Universal Job Snobbery and Anxiety Epidemic
- Common Causes of Liver Disease and Brain Fog: Chronic Stress and Depression
- Negative Thoughts Change Our Gene Expression
- Save Regrets in Life: Tips to Repair and Fix Parent-Child Relationship