cacao powder has shown therapeutic effects in treating and preventing cellular injury. Cocoa extracts have therapeutic and wound-healing effects, which can speed up healing and prevent various infections.
Cocoa contains a high amount of flavonoids.
- Good for our brain, memory, and learning
A research led by Dr. Norman K. Hollenberg asserts that flavanol is good at maintaining a healthy brain and its neuroprotective benefits have favorable effects on learning and memory functions. There are findings show that Cocoa is able to enhance the flow of blood to the brain and cure vascular disorders.
- Able to treat diabetes
- A research study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition advocates that of cocoa powder is effective at improving insulin resistance and glucose metabolism. In a nutshell, cocoa is able to regulate sugar levels in the body and treat diabetes.
- Able to cure or relieve allergies, including asthma
Cacao beans contain xanthine and theophylline, which proved to be valuable in curing various allergies, including asthma and shortness of breath. Its consumption, therefore, helps in providing relief from bronchial asthma.
Research published in 2014 in the International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology found that unsweetened cocoa powder has anti-asthmatic properties as it contains theobromine.
- cocoa powder has shown antidepressant effects, which can be helpful to fight against depression and promote cognitive activities.
- Balances Cholesterol Levels
A 2004 study shows that cocoa has hypoglycemic and hypocholesterolemic effects on both glucose and cholesterol levels respectively. It able to reduce triglycerides and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
- Good for weight management
There are evidences show that cocoa in good for preventing high-fat-diet-induced obesity. It able to modulate lipid metabolism and reduce the synthesis and transport of fatty acids.
- Improve cardiovascula Health
- Able to treat chronic constipation
- Have beneficial effects in inhibiting the growth of cancer cells without affecting the growth of normal healthy cells.
- Able to treat copper deficiency
- Cocoa is a copper-rich component. Thus, it can be taken as a remedy for treating copper deficiency. Hence, it helps in preventing anemia, neutropenia, and leukopenia.
- Improve your skin condition. It helps increases blood flow to your skin. In other words, it boosts circulation to your skin
What’s the side effects of cocoa?
Cocoa is a source of caffeine. Thus, excess intake of cocoa may cause increased urination, sleeplessness, and irregular heartbeat. Patients who suffer from diarrhea should not intake cocoa. It can aggravate the conditions. Anyone who suffers from anxiety disorders should be careful about the intake amounts. Women who breastfeed their baby better not have too much of it.
▲In Spanish, cacao refers to cocoa.
Relevant articles/ references.
Tag: HDL , cholesterol levels, cataract formation, therapeutic, medications, free radical, aphrodisiac effects, chronic fatigue, neurotransmitters, serotonin, anandamide, phenylethylamine, neuronal cells, skin care, chocolates , guilt-free,Cancer-Fighting Foods, anti-cancer
 Chinese meaning:黃酮類化合物
 Chinese meaning: 神經保護
 Chinese meaning: 血管
 Chinese meaning: 胰島素
 Chinese meaning: 葡萄糖
 Chinese meaning: 支氣管哮喘
 Chinese meaning: 可可鹼
 Chinese meaning: 膽固醇
 Chinese meaning:油脂
 Chinese meaning:心血管